Reinforced Concrete for Engineers and Supervisors
Cost: Check rate to open course list
Funding: see Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
This course is for supervisors, site managers and concrete foremen. It will give you an appreciation of all aspects of concrete.
This course provides the practical and technical knowledge and skills you need to supervise and control concreting activities effectively.
- Properties of concrete
- Quality control of materials to include:
- Aggregate grading
- Moisture testing
- Aggregate Impact Value
- The testing of plastic concrete to include:
- Compression cubes
- Air meter
- Flow table
- The testing of hardened concrete
- Mix design
- Non-destructive testing.
Teaching and Assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises.
- Act ltd or SQA qualification.
Mandatory Entry requirements
- You will need a reasonable level of mobility and the ability to lift and move loads.
- You will also need a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.