Introduction to Behavioural Safety
Human behaviour is what turns systems & procedures into reality. Safety culture has a massive impact on this, along with the ingrained elements of personal beliefs, values & our environment. Management commitment & a supportive leadership style have consistently been found as the single most important factor in determining health and safety behaviour. This interactive & informative workshop will look at why people may choose to act unsafely & help you start to tackle safety behaviours within your business.
The workshop will cover:
- An Introduction to Human Behaviour – beliefs, values & perceptions
- Understanding + Identifying Safety Critical Behaviours + Relationship to Other Safety Factors
- Behaviour Modification Theory (ABC) – explanations & interactive work to understand, identify in own business + consider areas for improvement
- The Impact of Leadership + Management Style
- Industry Case Study Examples
- Practical Activity Underpinning Organisational, Manager, Individual & Team Behaviours
- Behavioural Safety Programmes – enablers + barriers
On successful completion of the workshop, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for Managers & Supervisors in any sector & any organisation.
Introduction to Behavioural Safety – Venue: Warwickshire
Any Date. 1 weeks notice at a minimum.
£POA p/p *Available CITB Grant = £61.00p/p
For training course overviews, please click the relevant course title above. For course dates and costs, please view our current courses page or contact a member of our team on 01295 770789 .