First Aid at Work
This course is designed to give you the confidence and knowledge to be able to deal with a first aid emergency in the workplace.
Who should attend?
Nominated workplace first aiders, or anyone wanting a comprehensive introduction to first aid.
At the end of the course, delegates will have covered the following:
- Accidents and illness
- Using a first aid kit
- Simple record keeping
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Heart attacks
- Use of an A.E.D
- Bleeding inc catastrophic bleeding awareness
- Burns and Scalds
- Severe allergic reaction
- Eye injuries
- Low blood sugar
- Defibrillator awareness
After completing a final assessment successful delegates receive an approved certificate, which is valid for 3 years.
Our courses are renowned for providing a quality learning experience offering hands-on practical training that leave first aiders feeling confident to use their skills in a real life situation. It is therefore important that participants are physically able to perform the relevant actions and techniques included in the HSE syllabus.
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
i) The importance of preventing cross infection
ii) The need for recording incidents and actions
iii) Use available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
- Burns and scalds.
Emergency first aid at work certificate; valid for three years ( 3 years).
First Aid at work (3 Day) – Venue: Warwickshire / On-Site
Any Date. 1 weeks notice at a minimum.
£POA p/p *Available CITB Grant = £61.00 p/p
For training course overviews, please click the relevant course title above. For course dates and costs, please view our current courses page or contact a member of our team on 01295 770789 .