Level 2 NVQ Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services – Drainage Construction
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services – Construction Operations qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Drainage Construction within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Setting out secondary dimensional work control in the workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Segregating the Area for Highways Works in the Workplace
- Reinstating Ground Condition in the Workplace
- Placing and Compacting Concrete in the Workplace
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Installing Street Ironwork in the Workplace
- Preparing and Mixing Concrete and Mortars in the Workplace
- Providing Temporary Excavation Support in the Workplace
- Reinstating Excavation and Highway Surfaces in the Workplace
- Preparing and operating forward tipping dumpers to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating ride-on rollers to compact materials in the workplace
- Preparing to and directing and guiding the movement of vehicles, plant or machinery in the workplace
- Preparing for, and arranging and securing plant or machinery for transportation in the workplace
- Preparing and operating powered units, tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
The learner will cover knowledge in three core subject areas:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Information, quantities and communication
- Construction technology.
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Prepare to carry out carpentry and joinery
- Carpentry and joinery skills
- Clear and store carpentry and joinery tools and equipment.
- The minimum age requirement for this qualification is 16+; there are no further entry requirements to take this qualification. This means that you can undertake this qualification without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.