Cat & Genny Training (Cable Avoidance Tool)
The aim of cable avoidance tools (CAT & Genny) training is to provide both site operatives and construction supervisors with the skills and knowledge to effectively and safely carry out cable avoidance work.
- Basic working principles of location and avoidance of installed underground services. Hazard identification procedures and the key risks associated with these.
- Reading and correctly interpreting construction site plans.
- Practical and safe use of equipment.
Successful completion of the CAT & Genny training course will allow candidates to:
- Identify all potential risks to both themselves and others.
- Read and fully understand any site plan.
- Operate cable avoidance tools safely and effectively, in order to locate and/or avoid exsisting underground apparatus.
Who should attend?
The Safe Use of Cable Avoidance Location Equipment is a training programme that is purposely designed for supervisors and any operatives who are assigned the responsibility of locating underground apparatus for construction, repair or maintenance work on any roadways and highways in the UK.
In-House certificates or National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS)
ACT Ltd, Station Fields, Wharf Road, Fenny Compton, Reading, CV47 2FE or on your own site
Cat & Genny (1 Day) – Venue: Warwickshire / On-Site
25/01/2018, 22/02/2018, 16/03/2018, 29/03/2018, 03/05/2018,
01/06/2018, 25/06/2018, 06/07/2018, 09/08/2018, 31/08/2018,
07/09/2018, 05/10/2018, 15/11/2018, 06/12/2018, 18/12/2018
£100.00 p/p *Available CITB Grant = £61.00p/p
Call 01295 770789 for any further information about our CAT & Genny training course, or simply email email@example.com for our training locations