Abrasive Wheels Training
The aim of the Abrasive Wheels training course is to provide candidates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in the safe mounting and selection of Abrasive Wheels and Cutting Discs to the official NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) Standard. All candidates will be trained and tested by one of ACT’s fully CITB-accredited, expert instructors.
Training can take place either at our Berkshire (Silver Birches Yard) venue or on your very own construction site.
On successful completion of this Abrasive Wheels training course, candidates will be issued with an official NPORS Card, which is valid for 5 years.
On successful completion of the Abrasive Wheels training course, the candidate will be able to:
- Select and mount safely the correct type of disc or wheel for the task to be carried out.
- Fully understand their relevant plant equipment and abrasive wheels duties and responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996
- COSSH Regulations 2002
- PPE Regulations1992
- PUWER 1998
- Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels HS(G)17
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Types and functions of abrasive wheel equipment and cutting discs
- The selection, testing, mounting and storage of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs
- The care, maintenance, transport and handling of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs
This highly interactive practical and classroom-based course concludes with practical assessment and theory tests, demonstrating the candidate’s full understanding of the training.
The training course lasts 1 day and all Theory and Practical training elements will be covered in this time.
NPORS Operator card or In-House Certification
Please note that the maximum number of candidates per Abrasive Wheels training course is 6-10 (Dependant on Accreditation)
Abrasive Wheels and Cat and Genny (1 Day) – Venue: Warwickshire / On-Site
25/01/2018, 22/02/2018, 29/03/2018, 03/05/2018, 01/06/2018,
06/07/2018, 09/08/2018, 07/09/2018, 05/10/2018, 15/11/2018,
£155.00 p/p *Available CITB Grant = £61.00 p/p
Abrasive Wheels, inc. Cutting and Grinding (1 Day) – Venue: Warwickshire / On-Site
09/02/2018, 26/06/2018, 30/08/2016, 05/12/2018
£100.00 p/p *Available CITB Grant = £61.00p/p
For training course overviews, please click the relevant course title above. For course dates and costs, please view our current courses page or contact a member of our team on 01295 770 789.